beach

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Teaching Sam

We have been trying to teach Sam more scripture stories lately and sometime his interpretation is so funny. I took a few days telling Sam the story about Lehi leaving Jerusalem with his family and Nephi , Laman, Lemuel, and Sam going to get the brass plates. Later Sam was telling me about Nephi chopping off laben's head, and getting big owies with the sticks, and about the plates and eating pizza. I think maybe I need to explain that the plates are more like a book than an eating utinsil.

A couple other stories we have been teaching him about are the birth of Jesus, Jesus calming the sea, and Jesus healing the woman who touched his robe and was healed. I asked him to tell Lincon the stories after I had told them to him. When he told Lincon about Jesus calming the sea he said, "Jesus said 'stop!' and the rain go bye bye and safe." When he told Lincon about Jesus healing the woman he said, "BIG owies! Touched his shirt and all better!" It was so cute and I loved how inthrolled he gets with the stories.

4 comments:

* Nancy * said...

Sam is hilarious! I really enjoyed his version...the big owies, the sticks, plates and eating pizza!! So cute!
That is wonderful that he is retaining the scripture stories! Keep up the good work in teaching your children.

Jenny said...

So funny. Kids crack me up!! How are you guys??

Newlyweds4Ever+2 said...

Oh, my goodness. What a little dollface!!! We love Sammy. He is so much fun. I hope you have these written down in a book somewhere! Miss you!

April said...

That made me laugh!! Your kids are so cute!!