beach

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sam is such a funny, strong willed little boy! Sometimes during sacrament meeting we have had to take Sam out for a couple of minutes so he can refocus. The past few weeks I have been taking him to the kitchen because it is usually vacant and I can let him sit on a chair in there for a couple of minutes until he is ready to go back into Sacrament meeting. So last week we had to take one of these little breaks. When he was done with his little time-out session I tried to talk to him and he just did not want to listen and kept screaming at me. I told him that if he did not stop screaming at me I would have to put pepper on his tongue (which is conveniently in the kitchen also). He just kept screaming, but when I went to get the pepper he started saying, "No Mom, no! Sammy's friend! Sammy's friend!" Him telling me not to because I am his friend softened my heart enough that I couldn't do it. I know, I am a softy. We just headed back to our meeting, but just a few minutes after we got back in he took off running up the isle. So again I had to take him out but this time all the way out he was saying, "No Mom, no!!!" You would think I beat the poor child. I couldn't help but laugh...so much for being firm, huh.

3 comments:

* Nancy * said...

Ah, the life of being a parent. It's hard to be firm, but words like "Sammy's friend" -- would just make me stop in my tracks and put down that pepper too.
You are such a great mom! I really admire how soft spoken you are with your children! I know what you are thinking -- I am not all the time...trust me your children are lucky to have a mother like you!

The Silva's said...

Nancy! You are seriously the sweetest person in the world!

Newlyweds4Ever+2 said...

Good luck with that one. He reminds me so much of Markus. That can be taken either to be good or bad depending on the day with them. From on mother to another...I have put pepper on my son's tongue. It is sad to see them hurt...but in every element of suffering there can be an element of humor. I love you!